Monday, September 12, 2011

A Very Merry Unbirthday


With my birthday coming up on Thursday I've been in my head a lot, and adoption seems to be everywhere. Yesterday they were showing the most memorable moments of True Life on MTV, and one was of a 1st mother relinquishing her child in the hospital room. There were no words, but the pain on her face, the grief of her clutching the chair you could tell that the only thing that could mend her heart was her child. At that moment I think of my own 1st mom, and broke down on the couch next to Chris.

I’m not sure where this is coming from since I’ve had plenty of birthdays and I was excited about finally going out and celebrating 25 with friends and family, but now I just want to stay home and grieve for my 1st mother. Since plans are already set in stone for this weekend I have decided with sound advice from another adoptee, that Thursday, will be the day I honor her. I will write her a letter and put it away for safe keeping until I can give it to her myself. I will light an extra candle and say a prayer for her, because Thursday she may be hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment