So this past week has been a strain!
Wednesday I came into work and had a tickle in my throat so I thought I was catching a lovely cold.
Little did I know it was the 1st signs of strep! Which was aweful since Damien turned 5 on Friday and we had his party scheduled for Saturday
Friday night I had to call all of the guests and inform them that we had to reschedule Damien's birthday party to this week. I felt terrible but I had yet to get on antibiotics and didn't want to have people in the house while running a 102 fever.
So Monday rolls around and this CRAZY idea pops into my head,
I want to rearrange my house.
We've been using the large addition as our room and the space is great but it's been empty space and the playroom is in the back of the house in between the children's room which is the original Master bedroom.
So I decided it was time for a change, Monday I boxed up and removed all of the toys and put them in the make shift man cave (work in progress) all before Chris got home. He had no clue about my plan, but being the wonderful husband he is, he just deals with my spur of the moment ideas.
Last night the furniture got moved in the new master bedroom, I really would have loved to paint first but we're having a 5 year old's birthday party this Saturday so we didn't have time.
Now I'm hunting down a second book shelf for the new playroom which has yet to get put together because it turned into a pile of junk. That's what happens when you let your husband move furniture without supervision, Chris just dumped everything onto the floor so he could get the furniture out of the room.
I wish I would have taken before and after pictures but I will defiantly take pictures of the "finished" product
I loathe the house we are renting but I figured if i create spaces that I love that I can tolerate it for the next year or so.(although I don't know what I'm going to do with the TERRIBLE wood paneling)
Things to Come:
- Paint and decorate the new master bedroom
- Make the playroom super awesome!
- Paint and reorganize the main bathroom possibly get more grown up accessories (the fishy bathroom was cute, for 2 years, now its getting old)
- Paint over the HOT PINK shelf in the dining area
- Get a dining table that can fit 6 when needed
- Find a way to bring light into the gloomy living room
- Paint and redecorate Damien's room
- Paint and redecorate Natalie's room (which is a challenge because the carpet is green and brown, apparently it used to be a jungle room *gag*)
- Give Chris an awesome man cave (on a budget lol)
Wish me luck! I'll make sure to post as things start getting under way