Monday, November 15, 2010

I's Married Now. Did you hear me? I's Married Now!

Yay! I am a Mrs. now! Yesterday was just as terrible/wonderful as I expected, so there were no surprises! Well there was one but I'll get to that later. Here's how the day went in my eyes.

Got up at about 7:30ish. And farted around the house for a bit.Woke up Prava and told him to get in the shower. Luckily I showered the night before because I knew! I wouldn't have time. Put a movie on for Damien to keep him out of my hair, made sure we didn't miss anything the night before that needed to be in the car and started finishing up on my paper flowers.

Around 8 is when D'Antonio came over and he helped with the flowers. He's great he really helped me giggle that morning and I REALLY needed that. So, I call the Best Man (Worst Man) to see where he is, and well, no answer. Apparently he was out drinking all night so I was in a panic. I texted my wedding planner telling her I doubted he'd be there at 11 since no one could get in touch with him. She then called my mother who called Prava and they took away my cell phone :( I was not allowed to be stressed so I was not allowed to have my phone and IMHO it caused more stress. My bridesmaid, Aimee, got to my house around 9 with breakfast (I love her) and the cake. She helped me get the kids dressed so we could bolt out the door.

I left the house around 9:30 to go get the junoir bride, then remembered that I forgot my earrings, but I couldn't call to tell anyone (hense why no cell phone caused more stress) So, with all the kids in tow I had to turn around and go get my earrings! Got to my moms house and my bridesmaids were not there yet, so I drove to the club house to see if they were there dropping off the cake... nope. I think they just drove REALLY slowly since they had an 85 lb cake in the car!!Chris went to his brothers house to bring him along, and he wasn't home. Apparently they spent the night somewhere else.

So they get to my moms and I start on Jr Brides hair, get it finished and at that point we all had to go to the club house for one last run thru. Well we wait, and we wait, and we wait. The officiant didn't get there until 11:30 (planner told us 11 so we'd all be there on time). Well, the Worst Man didn't show. We do the walk thru any way. At that point I was a wreck because EVERYTHING was running way too far behind. My friend Beau met us at the venue to help if needed. (my friends are AMAZING)

Get to my mom's house at 12:15 and the hair and makeup team were still 15mins out. UGH! So i say screw it, and I help Aimee get into her gown (her hair and makeup were done at 8!, again I  LOVE her) And by then the hair and makeup team are there. Robert is doing Prava's makeup (hes a MAC artist) My hair and makeup are under way while Aimee gets Monkey dressed. UGH! 1 O'clock, 1:30, 1:45, DAMNIT! The photographer was at the venue by 12:45.... I was supposed to be there at 1! So I get there at 2 and ceremony is supposed to start at 2:30, at this point is where things get hazey, and I enter my "Bride Bubble".

I told myself I wasn't going to cry, but the second we drover by Chris, my eyes started welling. I fought those tears back but I then got out of the car, his mom walked up to me, gave me a hug and told me I was beautiful. WATER WORKS! Thank you for water proof eye makeup! We did the group photos on the bridge, and then just me and Chris. I was on cloud 9, didn't see anymore really. We had the moment I really wanted, standing there on the bridge, just looking into eachothers eyes.

Ceremony was perfect. all 20 mins of it lol! Short, sweet and to the point. China Doll thought it was beautiful too. My daddy handed me to Chris. We held hands the entire ceremony. I was fine, until it was time for me to say my vows, I started with a few tears, then cracked voice! I couldn't wait to kiss him! We jumped the broom and then did a German tradition of sawing the log, it symbolizes working together as a couple. Then we took the rest of the group shots, and honestly I can't remember who I did and didn't take pictures with, I was in my bubble still.

The reception was great, started rocky with my mom and Chris's brother (the Worst Man) getting into a fight in front of all the guests. ACK! But we did the toasts first, my "brother" Moose said such beautiful words reminded Chris that he found a truely unique woman and wished us luck. I then toasted to my friends, family, and Chris, and yes, I cried then too! The 1st dance was great, we had a quiet moment to ourselves, and then Monkey ran over wrapped his arms around each of our legs and danced with us. Then China Doll came over, he held her close, and with Monkey at my side, we danced as a full offical family. Ack! Tearing up now thinking about it!

My father daughter dance, was better then I expected, Dad chose "Happy People" by R. Kelly. I got to celebrate with the my dad, I've always wanted to feel like he was proud of me, and at the moment in time, with my dad, stepping, and spinning me on the dance floor was OUR moment. Then China Doll ran up to him threw her arms in the air, Monkey ran to me and all 4 of us boogied. Chris and his mom danced to "The Dance" by Garth Brooks, and it was beautiful.

My cake was AMAZING! Hats off to my wonderful Boss (and Aimees Mom) who made the most beautiful cake! It was delicious too! All in all, with its ups and downs, we had a beatiful family filled love filled day. And here I am at work, (Gotta keep on trucking lol) Chris is at home with back pains, I'm exhausted, but can't stop glowing!

Yesterday on Nov 14, 2010, I married My best friend, the one I laugh with, live for dream with, love.

On the Ride Home Can you see the shaving cream on the windows?


  1. CONGRATULATIONS! So glad to hear the happy news! Weddings are always full of stress and craziness and usually a few snags but at the end of the day, the important thing is, YOU'RE MARRIED!

  2. Thank you!! I'm so glad the wedding is over!! My MIL sent me an e-mail the Monday after the wedding Subject Line read "Whew! Its over!"

    She expressed the same sense of relief as I did!